Friday, March 4, 2011

Mission Market

In December when I was thinking about going to Africa, I prayed about whether or not I was supposed to go. I felt like God's response was "Of course! Why WOULDN'T I want you to go?". My response was "OK, then how?". Minutes later I was overwhelmed by this vision of a market. It was taking place in a parking lot and I felt like it was God's way of telling me how to raise the money for this cause. I can only give Him all the credit b/c never in my life have I ever attempted to raise this much money for any one cause, nor have I ever planned a fundraiser of any kind, much less on this large of a scale. This idea was clearly not mine.

SO, 3 months later it is becoming a reality! On April 9th (rain date April 16) we will have our "MISSION MARKET"!
Our goal is to "sell" 60 parking spaces for a minimum donation of $20 (You are welcome to give MORE than $20 for a space ;) Anyone can buy a parking space and sell whatever they want: yard sale items-furniture, clothes, sports equipment, bikes, household items, ART-paintings, photography, drawings, pottery, jewelry, blown glass, Products-Pampered Chef, Tupperware, Mary Kay, Thirty-One, Stampin' Up, etc.

Location: The "With Love From Jesus Ministries" parking on in the shopping center on the corner of Tryon Rd. and Wilmington Street

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A PARKING SPACE TO USE TO SELL ITEMS AT THE MARKET please let me know as soon as possible. The spots will be given to the first 60 people to PAY for them.

Don't have anything to sell? Tell someone else about it who might and COME SHOP at the Market! Ask your friends, co-workers, neighbors, family...whoever you can think of!

No comments:

Post a Comment