Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Faith like a child

When I have my students read chapter books, I give them sticky tabs with different symbols on them to stick in their books as they are reading so that when we meet for reading groups, we can discuss the book. (One tab has an exclamation mark which they stick on a part they thought was exciting, one has a question mark to put on a part that was confusing or they have a question about, one has a star to put on something new they learned, etc.) One sticky tab has a check mark on it which I tell them to stick on the page when they read something they already knew. Today I asked the group I was meeting with if anyone used their check mark tab this week and wanted to share something they read that they already knew. One little girl said "I did!" She grabbed her check mark tab and opened her book and said "Right here, on page 36 when the characters are saying the blessing it says "God is good, God is great". I already knew that." Warmed my heart...praise the Lord :)

1 comment:

  1. Can we please have these tabs for future bible studies? I love the idea of them (OR, we could have "L" and "H" tabs (;

    ReplyDelete